How to Apply Shower Shield
How to correctly apply Shower Shield.
- Peel back the white backing from the Shower Shield starting with the top.
- Continue to peel the backing down the sides slightly, then apply Shower Shield over the site to be protected making sure to not touch the adhesive to your primary dressing.
- Make sure when applying you leave some room for natural body movement, do not apply Shower Shield very tight or over-stretch the product.
- Press down on the adhesive smoothing out any creases or air bubbles around all edges to make a watertight seal.
- When pressing down the bottom edge, some creases (pleating) may occur depending on your body shape and size the hanging lines. If this happens, pinch the pleats together creating a watertight seal.
- Make sure your skin is completely free of any/all lotions, creams, or oils before applying Shower Shield. Always use skin prep or rubbing alcohol prior to application to ensure a clean application site. Allow skin to fully dry before applying Shower Shield.
- When showering use only luke warm water, do not use hot water as this could weaken the adhesive and/or cause you to sweat under the barrier.
- Shower Shield is a single use water barrier, after showering please discard your Shower Shield. When applying the barrier, if you make a mistake, use a new Shower Shield. Repositioning the barrier will weaken the strength of the adhesive, increasing the risk of leaks.
- Shower Shield is not designed for high heat environments or under-water use, no not use in baths, pools, saunas, or hot tubs.
- Shower Shield is made with non-natural latex materials and a skin sensitive adhesive. Shower Shield is safe for all to use, however, if you develop any sensitivity or irritation when using. Please discard and discontinue use of the product.
VIDEO: How to Apply Shower Shield